Friday, May 26, 2017

Physics in Rollercoasters

Physics in Roller Coasters

Just How Much Thought Goes into Your Everyday Amusement Ride
_________________________________________________________________________________


~Rollercoasters~


Abstract:

Ever wonder just exactly what happens when your on a rollercoaster. How you are going the speed you are going? How you have enough energy to get over the next hill? In my research, I will be explaining a variety of ways the subject of physics relates to rollercoasters. Beginning with energy, I will bring back the concept of the conservation of energy and explain the substantial role it plays through your ride of fun. After that, I will break down the fastest parts of the coaster before you even get on a based off of types of energy depending on where exactly the car is located. I will then continue to analzye rollercoasters by explaining their predictable structures based on insuring that the car continues to move without any artificial help. Building off of artificial help, I will explain exactly why certain belts are placed in certain locations and the importance behind them. After the ride is over, I will dig into the idea of friction and its purpose in stopping the ride for you in the exact spot you want it to. Lastly, to finalize my report I will explain the fallen. Not the ride following backwards, or the people who have died on rollercoasters but instead the rollercoasters that didn't work. Mainly because they forgot to think about physics! All information found in my paper came from numerous reliable sources and can be found in the "Works Cited" page, listed above. 


                                                        Rollercoasters Research Paper
                                                               Rollercoasters Slides

12 comments:

  1. Very thorough paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, very specific, great amount of details and explanations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project! I really understand how rollercoasters work in terms of speed and the amount of energy is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project! I really understand how rollercoasters work in terms of speed and the amount of energy is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, I never realized they first hill has to be the tallest, you taught me so much about potential and kinetic energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a very cool project! I never knew how much energy is needed to carry the car around the roller coaster. I remember learning about potential energy before, but I enjoyed the more in depth explanation. Thanks for teaching me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! I didn't realize how important friction is for a rollercoaster, especially when it comes to stopping the ride

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great project! Lots of information that I previously wasn't aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew all of this stuff already, but thanks anyway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project! love the variety of details and explanations you included to help us all understand your concept fully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project Nikhil. I learned a lot about how much energy is needed during a simple ride. Also I learned how crucial friction is whenever we ride roller coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well done! I love roller coasters and now I know a lot of how they work which is very interesting! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete