Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Physics of Car Collisions


Abstract
Being aware of the physics behind collisions, specifically in cars, is important due to the intensity of collisions that are seen on the roads today. Sir Isaac Newton was the first man to explain what happens in a collision. He proposed the idea that “an object will continue in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a straight line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it”. This theory is better known as Newton’s First Law of Motion, or the Law of Inertia which I include in my slides and my paper. In addition to Newton's laws, the different types of collisions also plays a key role in car collisions as they relate to the the state of passengers. The concepts of static and kinetic friction are also important to know when trying to understand collisions as it introduces the effects of surface area on one or more objects, where in this case, its cars. Newton's laws, different types of collisions and friction will all be included in my research and you can find an in dept presentation of them in my Work Cited page. 

Car Collisions Paper
Car Collisions Slides






4 comments:

  1. Hi Sebby! Just went to click on your link for the slides and it says I don't have access! Please make it accessible to us all so we can view your wonderful work. Much thanks, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sebastian for this miraculous visual representation of how car crashes relate to physics. Im clearly much educated now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sebby, great edits to the project, so happy I can see the slides now. Just like in Golf, I can see how collisions react. With Cars, it is a lot different, because their is a lot more force due to more mass. Good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good job! I did not know this much about car collisions and how physics plays such an important role in them! I really have been educated on this topic! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete