Thursday, May 25, 2017

Physics of Quadcopters


Abstract
Drones have been around for a long time. They first appeared in the early 19th century and since then have become more efficient in the amount of space they take up, more complex in their build, and yet more easy to operate. Operation of quadcopters is achieved with the help of motors, propellers, and an accelerometer and gyroscope. These are components that take many different forms, but in electronics, they take advantage of several laws that have been discovered relating to capacitance, and use this to determine what is happening and stabilize themselves. Quadcopters have tremendously bright futures, from transportation to exploration to recreational fun.

Paper:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iayqxJT9W_ViwpvkF-dQ2IzPYgpq_G3Q3x63s_vI_s0/edit?usp=sharing

Presentation: https://docs.google.com/a/stamfordpublicschools.org/presentation/d/1wj_lEyFVl0HBH_PLOEv_8dGB_yXe2SbCdecVswSazFE/edit?usp=sharing

6 comments:

  1. Dear Derek, A cool presentation here. I especially liked the diagrams, like the motor, as you gave me a visual in my head for the physics. Some of the vocabulary surpassed my mind a little bit, but that shows how great your studies were. The one thing I found most intriguing was that drones can be used anywhere--the future! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very cool project. The diagram was very helpful in showing me the different components that affect a quadcopter's movement. I am excited to learn more about drones in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool that you did the project on Quadcopters. My dads been considering buying a drone, I might have to show him this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really unique project, I loved the part about how quadcopter's have a bright future, I sincerely hope they do,I would consider buying one now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting, I did not realize that quadcopters have been around for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting presentation! It was cool hearing you explain how the quadcopter doesn't have a perception of "down" without help from the gyroscope.

    ReplyDelete